Welcome

Hello and welcome, I love to be in a kitchen creating. I am often asked for recipes. So I am going to add recipes as I think to. If you have a request let me know. I will try to add photo of each thing to accompany recipe. Will do my best. I do not aim for healthy, low fat, good for you in any way. IF I happen to do a recipe that falls in there don't hate me for it. :) Enjoy

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

white Chili

This recipe was given to me by my friend Renee Lierow.  Thanks for sharing!





White Chili
(recipe as written)

3lb great northern beans (canned)
2lb boned chicken breast; cook until tender and cut in 1/2 cubes. Or let sit in chicken broth for a few hrs then shred.
1 tbsp grape seed oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 med chopped onions
2 tsp ground cumin
1/16 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp cayenne red pepper
1 tsp ground oregano
2 cans mild green chilis, chopped
4 cups chicken broth

Heat oil. Add onion, garlic, chilies, spices. Cook 2-5 mins. Add beans, chicken, and broth. Simmer for 15 mins or more.

My variations:

I bought a rotisserie chicken and de-boned it for the meat for the this then boiled the bones etc. (with some onion and spices) to make the chicken broth. (that's just me. It can be a lot of work. Lol)

I used olive oil because grape seed was too expensive and I already has olive oil.

I did not add ground clove. I didn't have it and it was WAY too expensive for that little tiny bit.

I used 1 large can of chilies because we don't like things too spicy.

Other then that, I added some garlic powder, onion powder, and garlic salt to taste.

I also brought mine to a boil, then lowered the heat and simmered for somewhere near an hr or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment