Welcome

Hello and welcome, I love to be in a kitchen creating. I am often asked for recipes. So I am going to add recipes as I think to. If you have a request let me know. I will try to add photo of each thing to accompany recipe. Will do my best. I do not aim for healthy, low fat, good for you in any way. IF I happen to do a recipe that falls in there don't hate me for it. :) Enjoy

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ruth Tut candy


Ruth Tut Candy


Time and Yield

·                                 Cook Time: Varies 
·                                 Yield: 6 to 7 dozen 1-inch cubes

Ingredients

·                                 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
·                                 1 cup light brown sugar
·                                 1 cup granulated sugar
·                                 1 cup dark corn syrup
·                                 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
·                                 2 cups chopped pecans
·                                 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Generously grease a 9 x 12 x 2-inch pan using 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of the butter.
In a large saucepan, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, corn syrup, and 1 cup of the cream. Heat until the mixture begins to boil. Slowly stream the remaining 1 cup cream into the mixture, stirring while it's boiling. Attach a candy thermometer to the pan and cook the mixture over medium heat until it reaches 244°. Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining 1/2 cup butter, the chopped pecans, and the vanilla. Pour the candy into the buttered pan.
Cool the candy in the refrigerator until it is just firm but not hard, about 1 hour. Cut into 1-inch squares. Cut waxed paper into 4-inch squares and wrap each piece of candy individually. Store in the refrigerator. Remove the candy from the refrigerator and allow it to soften slightly before serving. The wrapped candy's flavor is improved by aging in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
"Reprinted from Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours by Trisha Yearwood. 



No comments:

Post a Comment