Welcome

Hello and welcome, I love to be in a kitchen creating. I am often asked for recipes. So I am going to add recipes as I think to. If you have a request let me know. I will try to add photo of each thing to accompany recipe. Will do my best. I do not aim for healthy, low fat, good for you in any way. IF I happen to do a recipe that falls in there don't hate me for it. :) Enjoy

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Caramel filled chocolate cookies


No  need for words!!!

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Unwrap one and a half bags of Kraft caramels (Kraft works the best I have tried others)

In a  small bowl combine,
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp  baking soda      
blend well.

In  a large bowl beat 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of packed brown sugar, and 2 sticks of butter until light and fluffy.  Add 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla extract. beat well.  add flour mixture and blend well.

In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tbsp sugar set aside.
On a paper plate place 1 cup of flour. using a cookie dough scoop drop 6-8 scoops of dough onto flour. place one caramel on each dough ball. wrap the dough around the caramel rolling it as evenly as possible. press one side of the dough into nuts. Place on ungreased cookie sheet nut side up 1 inch apart.
 Bake for 7-10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked looking.


ENJOY!!!    

after they are cool its ok to microwave them for just a few seconds to soften the caramel again.

No comments:

Post a Comment