Welcome

Hello and welcome, I love to be in a kitchen creating. I am often asked for recipes. So I am going to add recipes as I think to. If you have a request let me know. I will try to add photo of each thing to accompany recipe. Will do my best. I do not aim for healthy, low fat, good for you in any way. IF I happen to do a recipe that falls in there don't hate me for it. :) Enjoy

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Be a Hermit


Applesauce Hermits are a great way to warm the  soul.  I remember having these every year around Christmas. Granny always hid these in her special cookie jar.  I would always come straight to that jar when she baked! 


Here you go:
mix in the love  that a grandma would!

2 3/4 c flour                               1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp  baking soda                      1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg                           1 cup raisins
1/2 cup butter                            1 cup Brown  Sugar
1 egg                                         2 cups applesauce

Preheat oven to 350. Cream Butter, Sugar, and eggs.  Add  precombined dry ingredients and  applesauce alternately. mix well!  Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.  Don't over cook. 
Drizzle glaze over top.

To make glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons strained fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon orange extract

 Sift powdered sugar into a small saucepan and stir in orange juice and extract to make a smooth paste. Heat glaze over moderately high heat until just warm to the touch.

Enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment