Welcome

Hello and welcome, I love to be in a kitchen creating. I am often asked for recipes. So I am going to add recipes as I think to. If you have a request let me know. I will try to add photo of each thing to accompany recipe. Will do my best. I do not aim for healthy, low fat, good for you in any way. IF I happen to do a recipe that falls in there don't hate me for it. :) Enjoy

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crack my way.

Home~made Crackers
Have fun and try new flavors too

1 Cup all purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon season salt
1/8 teaspoon *pepper
5 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup half &half cream

Stir together all dry ingredients. Using 2 knives or a pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in all the half and half.  On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10-12 strokes.  Roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with floured cookie cutters. Bake about 10 minutes at 400 degree F. Split crackers open. With cut sides up, bake an additional 5-7 minutes  until golden brown.

*  you can substitute poultry seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder, powdered cheese, or any other seasoning you prefer  instead of the pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment