Welcome

Hello and welcome, I love to be in a kitchen creating. I am often asked for recipes. So I am going to add recipes as I think to. If you have a request let me know. I will try to add photo of each thing to accompany recipe. Will do my best. I do not aim for healthy, low fat, good for you in any way. IF I happen to do a recipe that falls in there don't hate me for it. :) Enjoy

Sunday, June 26, 2011

hot buns!


Bread machine Method  for Jiffy Cake Mix rolls    (2  NON BREAD machine  recipe  at  bottom of  page)
These are a slightly sweet dinner roll
Jiffy Rolls
1 9 (oz) box jiffy cake mix yellow, or white
1 pkg. or 2 and 1/4 teas. yeast
1/2 teas. salt
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 c. flour all purpose is ok but I always use bread flour
In bread machine pan put water, then salt, the cake mix and flour top with the yeast and put it on the dough cycle. When cycle is complete remove from bread machine, I don't flour my rolling board I oil it so do what you prefer and cut and then roll into 15 to 20 rolls, put on a greased baking sheet cover and let rise till double about an hour. Bake at 400 10 to 15 minutes.
You can also do this w/o a bread machine I am just lazy.

this  is  what they look like before they  rise

and  after they  rise  before  going in oven....


and  freshly buttered  out of  oven


Same recipe  in  loaf  form


ALSO  you can use  same  recipe  for cinnamon rolls  check these out!



they are  not  really as flat in real life as the picture looks....... Enjoy


OR   WITHOUT BREAD  MACHINE
  • This  came  directly from the Jiffymix.com web site
  • 1 pkg. "JIFFY" White Cake Mix (or 9 oz of any cake mix)
  • 1 pkg. dry yeast
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1-1/4 cups warm water
  • 2-1/2 to 3 cups flour
  • margarine or butter
  • Preheat oven to 400°.  Grease a baking sheet.
    Combine cake mix and yeast. Add salt and warm water. Gradually beat in flour. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour. Punch down dough and shape into dinner or clover leaf rolls. Place on prepared baking sheet and brush with margarine or butter. Cover and let rise 1 hour or until double in size. Bake18-20 minutes.



Or I found this non bread machine recipe on the net


Cake Mix Yeast Rolls
2 packages granulated yeast
2 cups warm water
1 box white Jiffy cake mix
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups or more all-purpose flour
Mix yeast and water. Leave set long enough for yeast to dissolve.
Add remaining ingredients. Mix. Let rise to double.
Punch dough down. Make rolls. Let rise to double again.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes. Butter tops when removed from oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment