Welcome

Hello and welcome, I love to be in a kitchen creating. I am often asked for recipes. So I am going to add recipes as I think to. If you have a request let me know. I will try to add photo of each thing to accompany recipe. Will do my best. I do not aim for healthy, low fat, good for you in any way. IF I happen to do a recipe that falls in there don't hate me for it. :) Enjoy

Sunday, December 2, 2012

French onion soup. 2 options


French Onion Soup
Slow cook sweet onions in small amount  of olive oil.  
Add a slosh of red wine.  Cook 15 - 20 minutes.
Add beef broth. Simmer and serve
Top with provolone cheese
add croutons/ texas toast/ Bruschetta if wanted.






French onion soup
6 cups low sodium broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
1 tsp Herb De Provence*
2 medium yellow onions peeled
3 tbs butter
6 pieces Swedish Rusks or Bruschetta
6 oz  of Gruyere cheese (I prefer provolone) sliced
Heat broth slowly in large pot with Herbs
Slice onions thin. In large sauce pan heat butter and sauté onions until they begin to brown. Strain the broth over top of onions to remove Herbs.   Divide into oven proof bowls.  Divide soup into bowls, top with Rusks or Bruschetta and sliced cheese. Place bowls under broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese melts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment