Welcome

Hello and welcome, I love to be in a kitchen creating. I am often asked for recipes. So I am going to add recipes as I think to. If you have a request let me know. I will try to add photo of each thing to accompany recipe. Will do my best. I do not aim for healthy, low fat, good for you in any way. IF I happen to do a recipe that falls in there don't hate me for it. :) Enjoy

Saturday, December 1, 2012


S'more Bars

I have always LOVED to cook and eat s'mores.

Here's what you'll need:

1/2 C. margarine or butter
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1 C. flour
1/2 C. graham cracker crumbs (about 1/2 a package graham crackers)
2 C. mini marshmallows (or as many as you'd like)
1/2 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
Beat margarine or butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add combined flour and crumbs; mix well.
Press onto bottom of greased 9 inch square baking pan.
Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.

Just a note: I made these for one of my good friends just after she had a baby. I decided to double the recipe to have some for my family as well. As we were hurrying out the door, so that we wouldn't be late, I was holding my baby in one arm and these treats (shown here) with the other hand. A bit of advice, don't do that! I ended up losing balance between treats and baby and the entire pan came crashing to the floor. There was chocolate and gooey marshmallow and shards of glass EVERYWHERE!! I was so mad that these so yummy treats were a total waste. Good thing I made two so at least my friend was still able to get some!



No comments:

Post a Comment