Welcome

Hello and welcome, I love to be in a kitchen creating. I am often asked for recipes. So I am going to add recipes as I think to. If you have a request let me know. I will try to add photo of each thing to accompany recipe. Will do my best. I do not aim for healthy, low fat, good for you in any way. IF I happen to do a recipe that falls in there don't hate me for it. :) Enjoy

Saturday, December 1, 2012

PIE SHELL


Pie Shell

1 ¼  cup sifted all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
7 tbsp Shortening (Crisco)
3 tbsp cold water

Sift flour and salt together. Add ½ of shortening to flour. Cut in until mixture looks like meal. Add  remaining shortening and continue cutting until particles are size of a bean. Sprinkle all water over top of mixture. With a fork stir water into mixture to form a dough.  Roll dough 1/8 inch thick and prick with a fork. Place dough in pan and let relax 5 minutes. Pat with ball of dough. Trim pastry 1 inch larger than pan and turn back edge. Flute Rim.  Bake in very hot oven (450 degrees) for 15 minutes. 




To make a pie shell with a  top double recipe and do not  bake  until filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment